Monday, June 20, 2011

mano.

I have not posted in a long while. I semi fail at blogging.

I am to indecisive on what to write. Im glad im indecisive in the small things and not in the big... How does that work I wonder..

Today I was sad.

Last year in the middle of July I met a girl called Manoelle Godlin. She was pretty. And has nice clothes. And long ashey blonde hair. And walked with elagance. And was classy. And I could not really understand her. And I wanted to be her friend. So I got in her world & we had a really hard language barrier coffee date.



Today that same girl caught a plane back to Belgium, yet she was not the same girl I had meet 11months ago. She was more than a blonde girl with beautiful french fashion and a captivating foreign outward apperance. She was my Mano. She was not just a St Marys girl. She became a bestie. She was not just an exchange student. She was one of us. And for being pretty opposite people I have never felt so accepted by anyone before.

Beyond that beauitful Belgium apperance, laid the most soft spoke, caring, loving and cutest girl I have ever met. And I know a lot of girls.
Shes not fake.
She doesnt pretend.
She doesnt lie.
She just is.

I love friends.
To be honest I don't actually have many close ones. I know a lot of people, a lot.
But not all of them are friends. Not all of them know me for who I am.
Lots of people think im intimidating and scary. Beyond my comprehension that is.
But Mano was a friend. She proved to me that you don't need to know eachother for years and years.
That you don't need to go throught a tramatic experiance with each other to become close.
That you don't need to be exactly the same type of people.
That you don't even need to go to Church to accept people.
She showed me that you just need to be yourself and confident within yourself, and you will attract all types of different frienships.
And by her just being her trrue self, she taught me a valuable lesson.

The truth is, I dont know when the next time is that I will see Mano face to face. Maybe in 10years if she comes back for our high school reunion. Or maybe oneday if I travel to Europe.
But I know I WILL see her again oneday.
We will all get on with our lives and one day we will meet up again, and get coffee.
But maybe this time she will be the one updating me on slang, and how to pronounce french words.
One day we will go and look a the shops again. With our starbucks and her extra discusting cinomen. And she will update me about all her happenings and various boyfriends.
(hahaha)

I don't have a way to sum up this blog.
 Got nothing awesome to make it all a happy ending.
And im not a fan of depressing blogs.
But this is how it is.
I hate goodbyes.
But today at Wellignton airpiort with just under 20 St Marys girls and a few of her boys seeing her off
was deffinatley not a goodbye.
It was the begining of a long distance frienship.
Friendships have no travel distance.

& as for the next few years, skype will have to do.

Manoelle if you ever read this, I hope you will know that you have made these past 11 months a joy.
I will miss you and your me goreng noodles around the discusting common room.
I have not cried this hard in a long time.
I miss you. I'll never forget you.
And in the words of the Belgium lady herself.
"I love you KURL"
x




No comments:

Post a Comment